To Kajplats 9 the additional sales increased when the guests started ordering themselves via the ordering app "Buddy".
- The additional sales are due to the fact that the ordering app makes it more available to order, that guests stay longer because there is no queue to the bar and that it is easier now than before to add food and drink if you have forgotten something, Daniel says.Daniel Hübinette has worked in many different roles in the restaurant industry. Today, he works as a coordinator, mainly with analysis, product development and digitization at Kajplats 9 and Piazza di Spagnia in Västerås. Kajplats 9 is located along the water. As soon as the weather allows, the outdoor terrace is filled with guests. Trivec Buddy has not only made it easier for guests to order, it has also made it easier to create the staff schedule as no staff has to stand by waiting for the weather.
For guests, it is easy to order in Buddy. By scanning a QR code via the camera in the mobile, they enter directly into the menu. There they can easily order food and drinks.
- The order via Buddy goes straight to the cashier who will take care of it. The cash register system for bars receives the drink orders and the kitchen sees the food orders via a digital kitchen screen, says Daniel.
Increased additional sales with ordering app for restaurant
Daniel saw early on how the additional sales increased when the guests started ordering themselves via the ordering app. Daniel believes that the additional sales are due to the fact that it has become more available to order, that guests stay longer because there is no queue to the bar and that it is easier now than before to add food and drink if you have forgotten something.
Read more about Buddy, our ordering app for restaurants here.
- We have noticed that guests look through the menu several times before they decide, it is also easier for you as a guest to add things or change the menu, he says.
Ordering app for restaurant simplifies take away
For Piazza di Spagnia, which has pizza and pasta on the menu, the corona pandemic hit a little harder as the restaurant is centrally located. The solution was, among other things, in Trivec Buddy, which helped to lift take-away sales by making it so easy for guests to place orders and to book a time for pick-up in the digital booking system for the restaurant.
- Take away food is generally something I think will grow. Guests enter via a link on the website and choose what they want to eat. They can also choose pick-up time, which is good because not as many people are queing inside.
For Daniel and his team, the strategy over the past year has been to "get out of the pandemic strong". With the help of Buddy, they opened up during the summer and the fall was super good because of it. They never had to lay off and could drive on.
- Calculation and marketing have also been very important for success, especially in a crisis. Working efficiently with calculating food and drink has been the way forward. We have also invested a lot in being visible on social media, he says.
He made simple instructional videos about Buddy
Daniel learned Buddy when it was set up. Then he made instructional videos, where he discussed what can go wrong and how to do if something happens. This way, the staff could go in and watch the movies if they came across something they were wondering about.
- I also made some instructional videos that can be used by the guests who do not know how to pay in Buddy, videos that the staff can easily distribute via Ipads if someone seems to have many questions, he concludes.
Read more about our POS-system for restaurants!
Would you like to learn more about how digitalization can help you grow your business? Download our ´Digital Restaurant Guide´ as a start!